Welcome to Calico
Here is a bit of general information about our new patient process.
To start, please take a look at our providers and see if there is one who you feel would be a good fit for you. If it turns out that this provider doesn't currently have availability then we might recommend another. Though each provider is a little different, all are skilled clinicians. If you don't have a provider preference, this is fine too (and may help to get you in sooner)!
Each provider's intake process is a little bit different, so give us a call or send us an email so our support team can walk you through that individual provider's intake process.
Some questions we may ask are…
- What type of services are you seeking? Medication evaluation? Therapy? Both?
- Are services for an adult, youth, or adolescent?
- Will you be using insurance? If yes, which Insurance company?
- Were you referred by anyone?
- Are you currently seeing a therapist? If so, who?
- Are you currently taking any psychiatric medications? Who is prescribing them?
Once we chat and get down the basics then the following will take place…
- We’ll have you set up an account on our patient portal
- We’ll send you all the intake paperwork to be completed electronically
- Once you complete the paperwork and the patient portal we’ll schedule your appointment!
Things to bring to your first appointment.
- Your insurance card.
- A list of all your current medications (including over the counter medications and herbal medications). Some people find it easier to just bring the medications with them.
- Method of payment; cash, card, check
- Contact information for your primary care provider and your therapist, if applicable.
We require 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your intake appointment. This does not include weekends or holidays. (For example, if your appointment is scheduled for 1pm on Monday then we would need to hear from you by 1pm on Friday.) If you do not attend a scheduled intake appointment or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, a $150 fee will have to be paid before it can be rescheduled. Insurance companies do not reimburse for missed appointments.
We look forward to working with you!
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our treatment approach, which is based on active collaboration. If there is a family member, friend, or significant other who you consider to be an important part of your wellness, then you are welcome to bring them with you.